The Migrating Mom!

The Migrating Mom!
To the Sun and Beyond

Friday 22 April 2011

We will beat jetlag! Jetlag will not beat us!


Add Image
Add Image

We decided to fly via Singapore so that we could beat jetlag. We worked out that if we took a night flight from London to Singapore, we would all be tired enough to sleep when we arrived in Singapore the following night.

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone was tired except for baba!

Baba napped as if it were day time and when 2am struck, she was up and ready for action!
We landed up walking around Sentosa Island numerous and way too many times.

Eventually at 6am, Baba was ready for bed. We all landed up sleeping until 1pm!!!

It took about five very rough nights to overcome the jetlag. Baba again refused to sleep in her hotel travel cot. She slept in our bed which we are against. I have learnt not to judge others when they tell me they did certain things. I used to shake my head disapprovingly stating that we would never do that. Haha. How wrong I was!

Sleep deprivation is an extreme form of torture. When sleep deprived I will do anything to get sleep. This means rocking baby, feeding baby to sleep, occassionally giving calpol (I have not done this often) and cuddling baby in our bed. All the big NO NO's. Yep, I am only human. Please forgive me.

Jetlag CANNOT be beaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment