The Migrating Mom!

The Migrating Mom!
To the Sun and Beyond

Friday 22 April 2011

Is that a snake?
















In London we attended Gymboree twice a week, the library's rhyme time and a few other baby groups or coffee with other yummy mummys.

Here we know no one.

My lovely Aunt kindly gave me the numbers of some of the yummy mummys living here. I was honestly shy to pick up the phone and just call them. So I used Facebook instead.

All the mothers so far have been so friendly and warm. I am really looking forward to meeting up with them.

I was looking for baba's meat at the meat counter in a local grocery store, when I met a local Mom. She was so friendly and took our contact details. We have since seen her twice. We attended a local play with her and have been to her family for dinner. Readers- please don't be shy if you don't know many mothers in your area. Please make small talk wherever you may be. It is no fun being on your own with your baby- day in and day out.

Baba and I attended the play in the morning. It was a gorgeous day and I could not wait to get out the house. I typed the address into our GPS but somehow still proceeded to get hopelessly lost. Great news about getting lost is that I had no choice but to learn where I was going!

We arrived at the shopping centre where Alice in Wonderland was showing for free and guess what- in huge Australia- there was no parking!!! I was shocked. I circled for what seemed like hours and Baba even fell asleep from the many laps. Eventually after trying parking entrance number three, I found a parking.

After a fun session with Alice and the Easter Bunny, Baba and I headed to our local park for a picnic lunch. I am living the dream!

It was there that I saw it. Oh My G-d. I can see a snake in the park. I hate snakes. I am terrified of them. It was brown. Coiled up. Its head was standing up.

Welcome to Australia!

I scurried out of the park as quickly as I could. Guess we will be having a picnic in the garden instead.

Later that day, one of my closest friends and her husband popped in for tea. They walked with me to check to see if the snake was really a snake.

It turned out to be...................................................................................................................................

A large brown mushroom.

* Blushing*


C x

No comments:

Post a Comment