The Migrating Mom!

The Migrating Mom!
To the Sun and Beyond

Friday 22 April 2011

The Migrating Mom!





Welcome fellow relocaters or wannabe relocaters,

They say the most stressful events in life are moving homes, getting married, starting a new job and having kids.

Chances are that if you are looking into relocating you will face some of these major events simultaneously!

Welcome to my life. I am South African and after being swept off my feet by a British gentleman, I waved goodbye (more likely sobbed uncontrollably goodbye) to my family, friends and well life in the sun and moved to London to start my new life!

I moved when my hubbie and I were engaged (yep, engagement is stressful enough). In the next three years I overcame the following (no, it was not easy!)..... I moved countries and had to adapt to life in the U.K ( a major culture shock but an incredible experience), got married (very, very difficult to coordinate the wedding plans with my Mom back in S.A and two very unique cultures and families), started a new job (from a small company to a corporate giant) and then fell pregnant (a rough pregnancy including premature labour and a sore c-scetion) and finally had a healthy, beautiful little girl (she has just turned 1).

So when my hubbie's work offered him a job in Australia, I jumped at the chance of sunshine, a garden and an outdoor lifestyle. I wanted my daughter to have the sunny, barefoot in the garden, barbeque and picnic childhood that I had experienced

If I have migrated once.....surely I am a pro and this time will be easy peasy?

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment