The Migrating Mom!

The Migrating Mom!
To the Sun and Beyond

Saturday 23 April 2011

Living the Aussie Dream!





We arrived at a fab time because two weeks after hubbie started work, he was on holiday again!

Friday proved to be a beautiful, sunny day with Autumn temperatures peaking at 25 degrees.

We decided to go to the park so that Baba could enjoy playing outdoors. She loved the playground equipment. Not sure who really loved the sea-saw more- Baba or Dada!

After having a quick lunch at home we headed for the coast- a simple and pleasurable 15 minute drive up one main road. Easy peasy!

We stopped at Newport Beach which was suprisingly empty!

We strolled along the white sand and marvelled at just how lucky we are to live in a place that offers so much beauty.

We placed Baba's tiny feet in the breaking waves but she didn't like the cold salt water.

I honestly still cannot believe that we live in a place where I love most things- the parks, the people, the gorgeous beaches.........

May it only get better! Amen.

That brings me to another thing that I love about Oz so far.... the fresh produce!
Wow this may sound so sad but the fruit and veg are huge and so tasty. We often cannot believe the size of fruit and veg compared to the U.K.

Ok so I won't annoy you by saying I love this and I love that. I know you want me to tell you that I miss England and South Africa (which I do). So here is what I don't like about this country. .....

I have a great respect for nature but I am squemish and even though I love the sunshine and outdoors....I really do not like the bush. I know that many people would be so angry that I don't love the very natural Australia as per se, but I just have never been a hiker or camper. Its just not who I am. I am much too much of a 'kugel' for that!

So yes I am so scared that one day I will have a close encouter with a creepy crawly creature. I have seen loads of fat, white caterpillars, bees buzzing around the place, a few enourmous spider webs stretched across from tree to tree and even a few bats at night!!

BUT as long as it's not a snake..... :)

Sssssssssssssssssssssss

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment